How Van Nuys is able to ensure that your water damage is kept under control
From flooding to broken pipes that can end up wrecking your entire household, water damages are very serious which is why they need to be handled with the seriousness that they deserve. Water damages tend to happen when you list expect them to happen which is why many people end up losing very many belongings. For you to ensure that you are able to minimize the damage that usually comes with water damage, you need to hire the services of a water damage and water removal expert like Van Nuys to help you out with any issues that you may have in regards to water damage. Our trained and highly skilled technicians at Van Nuys are always on the call 24/7 therefore, anytime you give us a call whether it is during the day or if it is during the night, you should be sure that we are going to respond to your call as soon as possible.
Our experts will arrive at your home, business or property with state of the art powerful machines that are going to be used in the extracting of water from your home. Once you give us a call, our team will be able to advise you on what you can be able to do so as to minimize the risks of the water damage before our crew can reach your home.
Some of the things that you can do to minimize the damage include
- Make sure that you avoid walking on the already wet carpets
- If you are able to, make sure that you stop the water from it source
- Do not in any way turn on the air conditioner, fans or heating units as the situation may only end up worsening especially if the water damage is as a result of sewage damage.
- Make the necessary plans for the Van Nuys to be able to move all your furniture and belongings to other areas in the house that are dry.
- Make sure that your electricity is turned off and make sure that all the electrical devices have been removed in areas whereby there is any excess water.it is also advisable that you do not handle any electrical equipment as this may end up causing serious injury.
- Avoid all the possibility of getting electrocuted by not making use of any of your electric appliances.
- Make sure that you remove all the small furnishings from all the carpeting areas or you can go ahead and place aluminum foils under your furniture legs. By doing this, you are able to ensure that the legs do not get any kind of permanent rust that may be as a result of the furniture stains.
How Van Nuys is going to get all the water out
Once our skilled and equipped technicians have arrived at your home, property or business, we are going to make use of an extraction equipment with the main aim of removing any free-standing water that may be on the premises. We are also going to have all the excess water extracted from your upholstery, carpet, and padding.
If it is found necessary, then the padding or carpet may be removed by our team so as to make sure that the cleaning process is made easy.
There is going to be the use of a dehumidifying and drying equipment that is going to be used to dry out all the affected areas and also make sure that the humidity levels in your entire home are brought back to normal. By doing this, there is going to be the reduction of having to deal with the growth of mildew and mold. Our experts will also make use of special equipment so as to be able to find water that may be hidden.
By making use of the right drying and water extraction techniques that are effective, this is going to ensure that any kind of secondary damage is able to be prevented. Also, there is going to be the prevention of secondary microbial growth which is not only going to prevent any respiratory illnesses, but this is also going to reduce the amount of money that you will have to pay when it comes to repairs.
Once we have made sure that everything in your home including your personal belongings has dried up correctly, we are going to put everything back to their rightful place. If need be, our team at Van Nuys is also going to work hand in hand both with you and your insurance provider so that we can be able to help you out with the insurance claim.
All the specialists and technicians at Van Nuys have all the necessary restoration and inspection cleaning certifications that are needed when it comes to handling work of this nature. Also, all our employees are highly trained, skilled and prepared to even deal with any emergency water removal task that you may want to be done for you. Since good customer services are our number one priority, we always make sure that we are able to provide our clients with services that are of the highest quality so that we are able to leave them satisfied.
The different classifications of water damage that Van Nuys is able to deal with
As mentioned earlier, water damage is known to be a disastrous occurrence which tends to affect many people. For our team to be able to figure out what type or kind of water damage that you have been faced with, it is very important for them to first make sure that they are able to know the various classes of water damage that are available. This will help us know the right steps to take and the right plan to make use of so that we are able to handle the situation the best way we possibly can.
- The first class: This is considered to be the least amount of water damage that can occur in any home, business or property. When this class of water damage occurs, it only affects a small or rather minimum amount of a given area. There is also going to be little to no absorption of the soft material. Even though no one wants to experience any kind of water damage, having this kind of water damage has been found to be less costly compared to the other classes of water damages. In many cases, this kind of water damage is usually caused by a small leak that may take place on the roof.
- The second class: This is the class of water damage that tends to affect the entire room. The water damage tends to affect the wood materials in the room which in some way may also affect the structure of the building through not so much. If your sump pump is damaged and you do not get the situation fixed by a company like ours, chances are that the situation is only going to end up worsening. However, if it is dealt with immediately, the water can be removed safely and the area can be dried effectively before the entire structure becomes affected.
- The third class: This is the class whereby the structure of a building has been seriously affected by the water damage. The water may have come in due to a number of instances like it may be the overhead pipes has burst or it may be a ceiling that has collapsed. This can be very severe because it may also be very dangerous for the people who are occupying that area or property. when such an event occurs, it is highly advisable that you make sure that you are able to involve your insurance company since if the situation is not handled as soon as possible, then the property may end up been seriously damaged beyond repair.
- The fourth class: in many cases, this class of water damage is usually referred to as total loss. This simply means that there is nothing that can be done to save the property or the home. The entire structure of the building or property may be completely damaged. Such a type of water damage is most commonly found in severe flooding scenarios for example whereby a nearby river may have flooded your home or property. All these instances tend to create a scenario whereby there is the total loss since the structure of the building has been damaged and the entire building has also been saturated with moisture to a point where the building no longer has structural integrity.
All the above factors need to be looked when it comes to determining just how severe the water damage was on your property. By hiring our company, you should be sure that you are going to get the right kind of solution which is going to be effective when it comes to dealing with the water damage issue that you are been faced with.